Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Looking to the future with a smile

It's been a while since my last log. However, things have not slowed down for Kelli and I at all. In fact it has picked up rather quickly and stayed at high pace. Just a quick update on things... we are praying for/through a position at a Church here in Mobile. Kelli and I are very excited at the possibility of this materialising. We have prayed for something of this nature for a long time and the Lord is gracious to direct our steps to this Church thus far!

I can't say much about the church (due to the fact that they haven't voted yet and other integrity issues) but I will say that we both thought that the pastor search committee was the best we've ever seen put together. Needless to say, we both are praying for God's will in the Church and in our lives.

This brings me to another thought. As a pastor what should be his main goals for the pastorate? Should his goals be, to grow the church, to see many saved, to visit shut-ins/sick, or to just preach the Word and study? I am planning to write out a small series on the main goals of a pastor! So stay tuned...!

Loving the Logos,
Yogi

No comments: