Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Grandfather's Departure

As many of you may know, I lost my Grandfather to pancreatic caner, on June 29. It was a four months and harder his last week. He went very peacefully. Virtually no pain, with all the meds, but he had many loved ones at his side to comfort him. I had the privilege, as well as others in the family, to be at his bed side during his departure into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord. I had the highest honor of anyone, that is that I was able to read to him the Scriptures. I read Psalms 40; 32; 34; 1Thessalonians 5:1-11; 1Corinthians 15:50:58... and many others. It was a good time. We all just loved on him and waited patiently as his breathing became slower and slower.

It was hard to see him go. He was larger than life to me as I was growing up. He kept our family together in more ways than one and not just once but many, many times...! His death is very bitter/sweet. There is a lot of pain, but relief, sorrow but joy, and hurt but love. It's hard to tell of all the mixed emotions that come with loosing my Grandfather. It gives me great comfort to know that in times like these our Lord gives us "special grace" for our need. Our Father knew that day was upon us before we were ever born, and created it for His glory. Thanks to the Lord of life and death, beginning and end, and whose reign is forever.

Loving the Logos,
Yogi

No comments: